Opened in 1949, St. John Berchmans School began with a staff of six sisters of the religious congregation called Daughters of the Cross. Along with a quality education and human formation in a loving environment, their faith has been passed down to the next generation of over 3,000 students these past seven decades. For the third time, the parish has enlarged the school building to meet the growing needs of the school.
The fall of 2005 brought a new principal to the school, Jo Cazes, and a new pastor to the Cathedral Parish, Fr. Peter Mangum. With renewed vision for the parish and enthusiastic commitment for its school, major renovations have been made over the last 15 years to update the facilities and make them a safe and completely modern school that enhances our students’ academic formation. Completed in July 2015 was a new Parish Hall and 4100 square foot Library/Technology Center expansion. In 2017, the Library/Technology Center was dedicated to Mrs. Cazes in honor of her retirement and the school’s appreciation for love and dedication to the growth of the school. Dr. Jennifer Deason moved from Assistant Principal to Principal for the fall of 2017.